About our client:
Our client, a sports and entertainment design/production/event/experience company based in Toronto is looking for a Director of Finance to join their team. This position will be responsible for the operational direction, administration and coordination of all finance activities as well as some operational accountabilities as well.
If you are a go-getter, enjoy being hands on and have a passion for sports and entertainment this will be an exciting opportunity for you to explore. This role is one of a true business partner and will require someone who can be flexible and adapt to changing business priorities, as they come up and on the fly. The right person for this job is someone who understands that there’s no such thing as the phrase “that’s not in my job description” in a role and dynamic company like this.
- Build all plans and budgets, provide presentation support, satisfy all FP&A requirements and provide monthly P&L reports and variance analysis
- Manage accounting team
- Oversee the development of business plans, board presentations, sales forecasts and ad hoc management reports
- Provide strategic leadership as a partner with the executive team in the areas of accounting, operations and strategy
- Calculate, track and administer any applicable incentive plans
- Maintain project review model and provide management with due diligence on jobs exceeding thresholds to ensure ongoing profitability
- Supervise and ensure completion and accuracy of audits and reviews
- Maintain tight coordination of projects and billings
- Oversee and ensure consistent collection of receivables
- Support HR efforts in the areas of recruitment, onboarding and performance management
- Manage IT locally
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA designation, MBA nice to have
- 8 years minimum of progressive and increasing roles and responsibilities in the finance and administration areas
- Strong analytical skills
- Project finance, WIP and project billings knowledge - a very strong asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Creative problem solver, self-starter and ongoing willingness to “get hands dirty”
- Strong orientation towards internal and external customer service
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply Now” to apply for this job immediately, or contact one of our local offices to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
At Recruiting in Motion, our exclusive process uses a combination of personal interviewing of candidates, video-capture and secure web-based technology, giving us the "Visual Advantage in Specialized Recruiting". Our commitment to both employers and candidates is to make the hiring process easier, faster, and more effective than conventional employment agency techniques.
By clicking "Apply Now” you are agreeing to Recruiting in Motion’s terms and conditions as posted on our website.