Our client located in Cambridge (easy access from the 401) in the Financial sector, is hiring for an Intermediate Accountant due to the companies recent growth.
Responsible for the full cycle accounting up to and including financial statements preparation. Other responsibilities include payroll, cash flow, budgeting, refunds, scheduling, variance and financial analysis.
- Assist with overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions;
- Oversee the payroll function for all personnel, including T4’s,T2200, and employee bonus;
- Reconcile the general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries monthly;
- Assist Controller with month-end financial reports on multi-accounting books for review and discussion;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, monitors cash flow, ensuring optimal levels are maintained to meet requirements;
- Prepare monthly credit card summary statements;
- Assist Controller with year-end financials for clients and working papers;
- Assist Controller with annual budget process for review and discussion;
- Performs various financial analysis
- File monthly HST returns;
- Facilitate annual insurance renewals and lease renewals;
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned by Controller.
- University degree ideally in Accounting
- Pursuing CPA designation
- 3-5 years recent related experience in full cycle accounting including taxation and payroll exposure
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Suite, with Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Previous working knowledge in Microsoft Dynamic Great Plains system (preferred but not required)
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply Now” to apply for this job immediately, or contact one of our local offices to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
At Recruiting in Motion, our exclusive process uses a combination of personal interviewing of candidates, video-capture and secure web-based technology, giving us the "Visual Advantage in Specialized Recruiting". Our commitment to both employers and candidates is to make the hiring process easier, faster, and more effective than conventional employment agency techniques.
By clicking "Apply Now” you are agreeing to Recruiting in Motion’s terms and conditions as posted on our website.