Respond to, quoting the above assignment number:
Max Brazao - Search Consultant
Recruiting in Motion
905 336 6978
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND REPORTING ANALYST ( Business Analyst )
Reporting to the CFO, the financial planning and reporting analyst, also knwn in the business as a business analyst, is responsible for preparing an operating plan, a rolling forecast and the internal operating capital budget. In your position you will create financial reports, analyse profit margins, forecast cashflows and working capital by business line.In addition, you will have responsibility for producing monthly financial reporting, analysis to budget achievements and lead financial performance review.
Typical performance duties include but are not limited to;
- Perform analysis required for inventory valuation, hourly rates ( custom job cost based on billable hours ) over a standard costing corporate model, cost distributions and allocations.
- Detailed financial analysis, modeling, profitability analysis, hourly rate compensation, ROI and discount cash flow analysis and monitoring bottom line business issues and impact to the bottom line.
- Regular reviews on workload / capacity balance, adjustments and corrective actions
- Monthly financial performance analysis
- Monthly reporting to group parent in Europe utilizing ASPE and Canadian Gaap
- Working capital management and optimization
- Preparation of annual operating and Capital budget, monthly analysis and reporting
- Work towards the achievement of the Company’s five-year strategy and annual business plans
- Preparation of 5 Year Plan and Rolling Forecasts:
- Support the CFO & Finance Department: 20%
- Heavy involvement in helping the CFO budget and re-forecast operations/finance of the company. Work on the development of the annual budget. Assist in the process of developing and reviewing budgets
- Attend team meetings, training and other meetings as required
- Complete the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) system of the Company under the supervision of the CFO
- Undertake other duties as your line manager/CFO should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post
- University Degree or College Diploma Finance or Accounting
- CPA/CMA/CA Designation required
5 years of experience in a finance or accounting position
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- IFRS knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Ability to work with teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several problems
- Participate and facilitate group meetings
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Positive working attitude
- Bilingualism (French-English) an asset Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
Technical Systems Proficiency:
Intermediate excel skills and PowerPoint
Past Experience with SAP an Asset
Proficiency in Office 2010
Decision Making, Complexity:
The Business Analyst’s activities and decisions are varied in nature. Requires solving both common and unusual problems. The position’s Manager/Director is consulted for clarification of policies only where needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply Now” to apply for this job immediately, or contact one of our local offices to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
At Recruiting in Motion, our exclusive process uses a combination of personal interviewing of candidates, video-capture and secure web-based technology, giving us the "Visual Advantage in Specialized Recruiting". Our commitment to both employers and candidates is to make the hiring process easier, faster, and more effective than conventional employment agency techniques.
By clicking "Apply Now” you are agreeing to Recruiting in Motion’s terms and conditions as posted on our website.