Construction Site Supervisor- New Building
What you’ll do:
- Supervise, coordinate, and plan activities of site personnel, sub-trades and other contractors.
- Be a contributor to staffing levels, equipment required, method of construction, schedules etc.
- Document project progress, deficiencies, and next steps.
- Ensure project documents are current and on-site (drawings, specifications, change notices etc.)
- Enforce a hazard free site by applying trade clean-up requirements
- Maintain job site safety board, ensure signage is appropriately located and separated work areas are in place.
- Monitor site personnel and sub-trade compliance with health and safety requirements, and document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Resolve construction problems as required.
- Enforce Barbican Health and Safety policy, and ensure all personnel attending site have had safety orientation
- Ensure project schedule is coordinated for inspections, materials, equipment, site personnel etc.
What we look for:
- A self-motivated professional with 5+ years of experience as a Site Superintendent in new building construction.
- Proven experience of construction technology, documentation, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures.
- Demonstrated experience working with Ontario Building Code, National Building Code, and Standards for Concrete, Steel, Wood, Electrical, Water etc.
- Sound expertise in construction scheduling, cost & quality control
- Experience managing site personnel, sub-trades and other contractors.
- Proficiency in construction site operations and OHS compliance.
- Strong experience in meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Computer skills (an asset).
- Experience with Sage 100, Sage 300, Master Builder or Timberline software (an asset).
- Architectural Technology, Engineering or Architectural degree (an asset).
To be considered for this role, please apply directly to this posting or feel free to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all of those who apply, however only qualified candidates will be contacted
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply Now” to apply for this job immediately, or contact one of our local offices to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
At Recruiting in Motion, our exclusive process uses a combination of personal interviewing of candidates, video-capture and secure web-based technology, giving us the "Visual Advantage in Specialized Recruiting". Our commitment to both employers and candidates is to make the hiring process easier, faster, and more effective than conventional employment agency techniques.
By clicking "Apply Now” you are agreeing to Recruiting in Motion’s terms and conditions as posted on our website.