Our client is a fantastic NGO going through a business transformation project and is looking to add to their growing procurement function. Working for a strong and proven Director, and savvy Procurement Manager, you will have a chance to use your thorough understanding of the procurement cycle and help set up and create policies and procedures to assist with this major program and respond to requests on an ongoing basis. As a Procurement Specialist, you will provide and obtain quotes, convert quotes into purchase orders, expedite orders and assist the organization with vendor sourcing and contract review. Your responsibilities would include:
- Review and service desk request log on a daily basis to action open requests and obtain quotes as per standard processes.
- Obtain appropriate level of authority to spend and update status of service log
- Convert quotes into firm purchase orders and update status of service desk with “ordered” and attach purchase order to request. Email purchase order to supplier and update expected estimated delivery time.
- Ensure that the legal department receives all fully executed contracts and agreements. Ensure that all Statement of Works (SOWs) for consultants that require security clearances is forwarded to HR for action.
- Update Master List with all firm purchase orders and fully executed contracts.
- Update status of consultants’ spreadsheet.
- Review and comment on procurement policies and procedures
We have an immediate opening for a Procurement Consultant for an open ended contract. Coming from the private sector and accustomed to policies and procedures adhered to in the private sector, you will bring 10+ years of experience working within a complex procurement department. You will be prepared to discuss your experience working with multiple vendors, supporting legal departments, obtaining multiple quotes and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures. You will have to be system savvy and proficient, and Oracle ERP experience will be given a preference. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and deal with rapid deadlines and various projects will be expected. Fantastic work environment, and engaging team to work with. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply Now” to apply for this job immediately, or contact one of our local offices to speak with one of our friendly consultants.
At Recruiting in Motion, our exclusive process uses a combination of personal interviewing of candidates, video-capture and secure web-based technology, giving us the "Visual Advantage in Specialized Recruiting". Our commitment to both employers and candidates is to make the hiring process easier, faster, and more effective than conventional employment agency techniques.
By clicking "Apply Now” you are agreeing to Recruiting in Motion’s terms and conditions as posted on our website.